The United Arab Emirates, is one of the world's fastest growing tourist destinations, has all the right ingredients for an unforgettable holiday, sun, sand, sea, sports, unbeatable shopping, top-class hotels and restaurants, an intriguing traditional culture, and a safe and welcoming environment.
United Arab Emirates at a glance…
- Emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah
- Government: Federation of the seven Emirates, each with its ruler
- President: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Independence Day : December 2, 1971
- Flag: Three equal horizontal bands of green (top), white, and black with a thicker vertical red band on the hoist side.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Geographical Location: It is bordered to the North by the Arabian Gulf, to the East by the Gulf of Oman and the Sultanate of Oman, to the South by the Sultanate of Oman and Saudi Arabia, and to the West by Qatar and Saudi Arabia
- Area: 83.000 sq.km. (32,270 sq. miles)
- Population: 4,621,399
note: estimate is based on the results of the 2005 census that included a significantly higher estimate of net immigration of non-citizens than previous estimates (July 2008 estimation)
- Language: Arabic is the official language, although English is widely spoken
- Religion: Muslims 96%, Christian, Hindu and others 4%
- Climate: November to May, the temperature ranges from 18º to 25º Celsius, with occasional rainfall during winter months; hot temperatures and high humidity between June and August.
- Currency: UAE Dirham (Dh), 1 DH = 100 fils; Exhange Rate: US$ 1 = 3.65